Applying for moderator

Neutnet rules and Announcements

Moderator: Moderators

Applying for moderator

Postby Zacix » 2011-02-24 13:31 GMT

While there's not really an application process for being Neutnet moderator, people are free to post applications. All applications will be discussed among current mods, and if accepted, the person applying doesn't necessarily get admin privileges right away. Reason being that I don't want too many people poking around at the same time. You may get it at a later point though.
First if all, to be accepted, you mainly need to convince me (Zacix). First barrier is convincing the current mods, but that is easier than being accepted by me. Even if they all say yes, I may say no. To support your case writing a 3 line application won't cut it. I won't give any pointers what should be in such an application, but essentially we need to get to know you and who you are (just like a regular jobinterview). Until you're smart enough to understand what I'm looking for here, you're not Neutnet mod material. To further increase your chances, it's positive if you get people to vouch for you, preferably more than 1, and preferably someone outside your own org...even better if from other factions. It's not necessary though.

As a minimum I want to know your age and reason for becoming a Neutnet moderator.

Currently I see 1 spot open, possibly 2. So if interested, post your app.

Zacix
Last edited by Zacix on 2011-04-18 9:35 GMT, edited 1 time in total.
Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Re: Applying for moderator

Postby Mireiawen » 2011-02-24 18:04 GMT

I did set up own forum for applications; please post your own thread there for applications.
Neutnet secretary at least it feels like...
Mireiawen Rose - 215/AI30/LE70 - setup
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Re: Applying for moderator

Postby Mireiawen » 2011-04-25 16:30 GMT

I'd like to add this:

If you are voting/bumping people, I wish you'd think, and maybe voice about following:
  • Do you think person in question can, and will, treat all of the sides equally
  • Do you think person in question can, and will, treat people in his/her organization(s) in exactly same manner as others?
  • Do you think person in question can, and will, treat people his/her friends in exactly same manner as others?
  • If you were to be banned for breaking rules, would the person still ban you, and for reasonable time for broken rules?
  • Do you think person in question can, and will, treat people his/her enemies in exactly same manner as others?
  • Why would that person be good for moderating Neutnet?

Not that you need to convince me, I don't do those decisions myself, but I think that might help decision making more than just saying they should be mods 8-)
Neutnet secretary at least it feels like...
Mireiawen Rose - 215/AI30/LE70 - setup
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Return to Rules and Announcements