Questions and Answers

How to use Neutnet

Moderator: Moderators

Questions and Answers

Postby Mireiawen » 2010-05-06 9:04 GMT

Trying to collect mostly asked questions about Neutnet to a single place. If you think a question is missing here, feel free to PM me and I'll try to get answer if it is general enough.

General questions
Why I have been banned?
People are not banned just randomly, so you must have broken the Neutnet rules. There are some common mistakes listed later in this thread.

Can you unban me?
Usually, the person who banned you is the one makes decision and unbans when ban has been long enough. There might be exceptions when person is missing and ban has been long enough for the offenses in question.

How long I will be banned?
This depends on what you have done and how many times, ranging from few days to permanent bans. First time bans with small mistakes are usually 3 days, and get longer depending on offense. Note that even the first time can lead to a permanent ban.

I want to post more information about event, shopping message or such, what should I do?
Your best course of action is likely to keep your Neutnet message short, and post on official forums with more detailed message. Please keep in mind that you should not send messages with URLs to outside of official Anarchy Online web-site (http://www.anarchy-online.com/) and forums (http://forums.anarchy-online.com/).
Neutnet secretary at least it feels like...
Mireiawen Rose - 215/AI30/LE70 - setup
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Where does a message belong?

Postby Mireiawen » 2010-07-03 6:17 GMT

Some common messages for channels

Here are some examples of where messages belong, as there seems to be problems, either because people don't read rules or don't care about. Also, not everything is clear to users what we moderators think to be clear. Trying to get most common mistakes here, with reasoning and pointing to the rules. EULA you see when you start your client, and Rules of Conduct are available on Anarchy Online site. It is possible that rules have changed after this is posted, so if you see some information out of date, please inform Neutnet moderators so we can fix it. If something is missing, feel free to ask.

I want to buy lootrights to a NODROP item
Correct channel is shopping.
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:Lootrights channel: Selling of NODROP item lootrights. All buying messages go to Shopping channel.

Rule was made so that people buying items won't slow down the Lootrights channel, at worst times it was so slow that items rot before message was out.

I am looking for buffs/tradeskills
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:Shopping channel: Buying and selling of items, announcing services, requesting services.

Tradeskilling and buffing are clearly services.

I got this clear playfield and want to offer it for others
I want to get a clear playfield
These two are close to each other and thus are grouped as one.
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:Shopping channel: Buying and selling of items, announcing services, requesting services.

Clearing a playfield is considered as a service, as you do something for someone else, just like tradeskilling an item.

I have spots to offer in a kite team, charging per level/research/time
Reason:
Neutnet Rules wrote:Shopping channel: Buying and selling of items, announcing services, requesting services. Basically, if it involves credits or items changing owner, it goes here.

Charging for levels is a service, so correct place is shopping.
Note: If you are not charging for kiting, but looking for more people, you may use shopping in that case.

I am looking for an outside tank (OST) or pocket
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:PvM channel: This channel is for PvM encounters that require one team or more. You cannot use it for LFT, but to find more team/raid members.

Outside tank is not a part of the team; it does not belong to the PvM.

Neutnet rules wrote:Shopping channel: Buying and selling of items, announcing services, requesting services. Basically, if it involves credits or items changing owner, it goes here.

You might be offering something in return, be it credits or spot in the team, for getting someone to tank for your team while not gaining anything or being in the team on the tank toon. Thus, it can be considered as a service.

Can anyone help me through a dungeon or kill a mob for me?
Depending on situation, correct channel is shopping or PvM.
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:Shopping channel: Buying and selling of items, announcing services, requesting services. Basically, if it involves credits or items changing owner, it goes here.

If you are looking for high-level help, or some twink, and are offering something in return of the help, it is a service and should be in the shopping.

Neutnet rules wrote:PvM channel: This channel is for PvM encounters that require one team or more.

If you are making a team of approximately your own level and looking for more members, even for one mob, it should be in PvM.
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Re: Where does a message belong?

Postby Mireiawen » 2010-07-03 6:17 GMT

What to not do
There are some things that you should not send to Neutnet, and I have tried to list some of the most common ones and the reasons.

I am looking for team
Should not be sent to Neutnet.
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:PvM channel: This channel is for PvM encounters that require one team or more. You cannot use it for LFT, but to find more team/raid members.

We encourage people to do the initiative and start making the teams themselves. Also, the amount of people using it as LFT would very likely slow down the system a lot.

I was scammed or ninjaed
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:All messages need to be within Anarchy Online EULA and Rules of Conduct.

Neutnet rules wrote:Personal issues, accusations of players or organizations, profanity, jokes and non-English messages are not allowed.

Anarchy Online Rules of Conduct wrote:You may not harass or threaten other players in any form while online in Anarchy Online. You may not use information you get in-game to harass people out of the game.

As it is a case of harassment when you accuse someone of something, these should not be sent to Neutnet. We can not know if someone was actually scammer or ninja. Any tells from GM and ARK may be modified, so don't post those as proof. Please, leave these matters for FunCom to solve.

I want to start a Victory Points farm on Battlestation
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:All messages need to be within Anarchy Online EULA and Rules of Conduct.

Anarchy Online Rules of Conduct wrote:You will not exploit any bug in Anarchy and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game for a character of their profession and level), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of Anarchy. You will promptly report any such bug via the exploits@anarchy-online.com email address.

Farming the Victory Points by deciding which side wins is considered as unintended use of game mechanics, thus exploit, and should not be communicated over Neutnet.

I got this cool joke I want to share!
Neutnet rules wrote:Personal issues, accusations of players or organizations, profanity, jokes and non-English messages are not allowed.

Nice for you to find out a new joke, but people do have a really different tastes in jokes, what is funny for one might be insult to other. Please, do not send jokes on Neutnet.[/size]

I'm looking to trade credits for another game currency/another game items/another game playtime
I'm looking to trade credits for real money/real money for credits
I'm looking to trade credits for real life service
In general, trading anything in-game to anything outside the game.

Anarchy Online EULA wrote:Section 9: You may not transfer any Funcom intellectual property including characters, items, coin or copyrighted material based on any sale outside the ingame economy, this includes giving mentioned Funcom intellectual property away as incentives or "freebies" to a sale. You may not sell, buy or auction any Funcom characters, items, coin or copyrighted material.

Trading of Anarchy Online items, credits, characters, accounts etc. are direct violation of the EULA. This also means that you should not announce services, such as bot hosting or voice servers for credits in Neutnet.

I'm looking for someone to play with in game X/Y/Z
Neutnet rules wrote:All messages sent to the network need to be of public interest.

Most likely, the Neutnet subscriber base is interested in Anarchy Online, not the other games.

I want to contact a moderator
Reason:
Neutnet rules wrote:All messages sent to the network need to be of public interest.

Moderators, be it Neutnet or some other bot, are a small minority of Neutnet users. For Neutnet moderators, do /tell Neutnet !adminlist or check list on forums.

I want to contact a ARK, GM or other Funcom staff
Reason:

Neutnet rules wrote:Neutnet is a service provided by players, and got same restrictions as any other account. As far as we know, GMs and ARKs do not use Neutnet, so please don't try to reach them with this.

Neutnet is a community run service for community. As far as we know, ARKs, GMs and other Funcom staff don't follow it. Also, it is usually not of general interest that you have been sitting in petition queue for hours. If there are problems with petitions, please see official forums if there are known problems, and try to contact FunCom either on forums or by e-mail; I guess feedback@anarchy-online.com might work.

I got improvement idea for Neutnet functionality or rules
Reason:

Instead, post it on our forums. Until idea is implemented, it is not much of interest to general public. But discussion about rules and features are welcome on our forums. Zacix, who hosts the bot, as well as most moderators do read the forums at least few times a week so your idea will be read and usually commented as well. Also, from forums you can see if its been suggested already as well as it doesn't vanish that easily into all other spam.
Last edited by Troxypets on 2015-01-16 11:28 GMT, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: fixed broken link; small corrections
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Return to Help