Neutnets

How to use Neutnet

Moderator: Moderators

Neutnets

Postby Schredderfix » 2012-05-16 3:06 GMT

Hello,

i noticed very different post times of neutnet.

it seems like the neutnet message take much longer to get !spammed the higher the neutnet gets.

IDK how exactly it was. but i posted something on neutnet. I got is first. (neutnet 6) and my org got it later (neutnetrelay7) and other friends (neutnet 10) got this message much later (5 minutes).

maybe it it possible to get all the orgs to neutnet 1 or 2 or 3.

That they get the message earlier in org bots.

Then most of the people on RK get it a lot of minutes earlier.

Instead of Players.

I hope its understandable.

Orgs must be 1st neutnet. That they get the message early.

99 % of peoples are in Neutnet.

greetings
Schredderfix
Schredderfix
Neutnet Newbie

Re: Neutnets

Postby Zacix » 2012-05-16 6:16 GMT

It is a coincidence messages got delivered that way. Orgs are actually prioritized over normal people.
Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby Mireiawen » 2012-05-16 9:14 GMT

Btw, bit on the stuff... is it possible to somehow boost the speed? At worst times, our orgbot has got lootrights at 30mins mark, and myself I've gotten at 1h mark, which both are way too slow, corpses have rotten long time ago.

I can provide small Linux VServer if it helps to have another node elsewhere ^^
Neutnet secretary at least it feels like...
Mireiawen Rose - 215/AI30/LE70 - setup
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Postby Zacix » 2012-05-16 14:13 GMT

Think the problem is really down to a statistical assumption I've done. Basically Neutnet receives a message to spam, queries after bots and mains who should receive the message, and now some of the somewhat flawed logic starts. It starts to loop around all the receivers, and the receiver is assigned to a satellite which has the lowest countindex. If the first receiver has 9 alts, the spambot sets the countindex 10 so at least the 19 next messages is sent through Neutnet2-20. The satellites now checks if the main is online, and if it's not, the 9 alts is checked individuallly. This algorithm works pretty well when you look at how many potential charactesr a satellite checks if is online. The difference between highest and lowest countindex is usually <1% of total people potentially checked. What the satellite currently lacks though, is some counter that indicates how many messages it has actually sent...and there is the problem I think. Statistically it should in the end really even out between the spambots, but it looks like at peaktimes some satellites send out a significant amount of messages more than other bots, thereby slowing messages for people that is supposed to get some message from said satellites. It's not the computer or anything like that...it's not particularly intensive on the CPU or anything, it's basically statistics working against us (and some crap coding) :P Increasing number of satellites isn't really going to work all that much at the moment. I really need to work on the pipeline for how messages are sent to satellites.
Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby Mireiawen » 2012-05-16 19:44 GMT

Was just thinking if adding another host for more satellites could've helped with the spamming, iirc FC got some limit per IP, but guess not =p
Neutnet secretary at least it feels like...
Mireiawen Rose - 215/AI30/LE70 - setup
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Postby Zacix » 2012-05-17 9:53 GMT

They are all running in the same process anyways. No easy way of adding a satellite outside regardless. :)
Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby Schredderfix » 2012-05-17 17:30 GMT

:oops:

/delete
Schredderfix
Neutnet Newbie

Return to Help