Feature requests

How to use Neutnet

Moderator: Moderators

Feature requests

Postby Zacix » 2013-02-13 15:02 GMT

Currently I'm actually out of ideas of how to improve Neutnet for the end users. There's still stuff that can be done for the moderators, but please use this thread to suggest improvements you feel will help end users using Neutnet. It can be changing existing functionality and/or totally new features you feel will help you get through on Rubi-Ka.

Currently approved suggestions

Under review
    • Market watch, make Neutnet monitor shopping channels so it can be searched

Implemented suggestions
    • Added search through last 24 hours of history in lootrights and shopping channel. It can be done via !src <search_term>
    • Add a 3 strike system for minor offences
    • Add ignore function
    • Create simpler syntax for !spam <channel> <faction> <message>. Implementation will be !<channel> <message> where <faction> would be "all"
    Zacix
    Neutnet Bot Admin

Re: Feature requests

Postby Mireiawen » 2013-02-16 18:45 GMT

Does new channel suggestions fit this category?
    Neutnet secretary at least it feels like...
    Mireiawen Rose - 215/AI30/LE70 - setup
    Mireiawen
    Neutnet Site Admin

Postby Zacix » 2013-02-16 23:50 GMT

Yeah
    Zacix
    Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby Zacix » 2013-02-28 9:12 GMT

updated
    Zacix
    Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby orochi » 2013-03-02 15:56 GMT

much better unrelated messages filtering
    + ignore function
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1458&p=3549#p3549
    orochi
    Neutnet Newbie

Postby Zacix » 2013-03-02 17:00 GMT

ignore function shouldn't be a problem...aka people can add certain people they don't want to receive messages from if that is what you mean. As for filtering...I don't really see myself making a website. While I am able to do it...I seriously hate web programming and I also suck at web programming :D That doesn't mean I can't implement some sort of filtering though. Would something like this work: You can add filters in the form of regex. Any message hitting any of the filters is not sent to you, or a filter where only messages hitting the filter is sent to you. Is that sufficient?
    Zacix
    Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby Zacix » 2013-03-04 22:51 GMT

Added !ignore <playername>/!unignore <playername>
    Zacix
    Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby Navian » 2013-03-15 22:47 GMT

its been requested that the rules be brought up to date ^^
    so they also reflect the Q&A views
    Navian
    Neutnet Moderator

Postby Langerne » 2016-01-23 23:02 GMT

Just noticed this:
    Implemented suggestions

Added search through last 24 hours of history in lootrights and shopping channel. It can be done via !src <search_term>
    **Add a 3 strike system for minor offences**

If this is implemented, then why am I here to suggest exactly this, as well as a organized easier to view, and less wall of text !rules to go through, because as of now, it looks a pain to read, when you rarely use the bot in the first place. Besides that, and maybe moving the channel rules up to top, so people don't type !rules, see that and then close it without doing more than skimming the first zone, I was gonna say maybe make use of a !reputation module, to keep track of rule offenders, and actually give warnings before bans, as my first time offense, getting a 3 day ban is kinda excessive and got me agitated enough that instead of playing, I'm typing on here now.
    Langerne
    Neutnet Newbie

Postby Doctorhyde » 2017-02-26 21:37 GMT

If any of these are available in some way, just tell me that. Otherwise ... next time code is looked at, would appreciate:

1) /tell neutnet !botignore $botname $ignorename
    <- so I can ignore people on my bot

2) /tell neutnet !botunignore $botname $ignorenname
    <- obvious

3) /tell neutnet !(all bot commands)
    from ALTS as well as the toon that registered the bot ... so I can have a fr00b alt that other bot maintainers can access that has permissions to update my bot by adding the fr00b as my alt. Not needed if bots could issue commands directly.

4) OR ... alternative to the 3 items above ... allow bots (when logged in to AO chat as the bot) to use !ignore/!unignore/!subscribe/!unsubscribe as normal commands ... currently bots are treated differently. This was done while logged in directly from the bot: "[Neutnet]: You need have a subscription to be able to ignore someone". Then my org leaders could just log the bot on directly when a command needed to be sent.

5) /tell neutnet !help <- include the bot commands (none are there, I had to make Navian look up this forum for me as I wasn't aware of it)
    Doctorhyde
    Neutnet Newbie

Next

Return to Help