If bots are acting up

How to use Neutnet

Moderator: Moderators

If bots are acting up

Postby Zacix » 2009-12-02 11:13 GMT

...Just post a post here, do never reply here with issues only concerning yourself.
Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Re: If bots are acting up

Postby Tippia » 2010-01-04 1:02 GMT

Noticed today that a lot of messages on the Nodrop channel do not get distributed going by the history of that channel and the 4 toons i have logged in the last 10 Posts to nodrop have not made it to any of the 4 toons I have logged in, Figuring it was just me I asked someone else and they haven't seen any either, Posted 2 myself and nothing, Was working fine earlier somewhat though, Some messages went and some did not but now none go that I can see.
Tippia
Neutnet Newbie

Postby Zacix » 2010-01-04 7:59 GMT

Tippia wrote:Noticed today that a lot of messages on the Nodrop channel do not get distributed going by the history of that channel and the 4 toons i have logged in the last 10 Posts to nodrop have not made it to any of the 4 toons I have logged in, Figuring it was just me I asked someone else and they haven't seen any either, Posted 2 myself and nothing, Was working fine earlier somewhat though, Some messages went and some did not but now none go that I can see.

Is any of those toons registered as alts? Neutnet works like this: If your main is logged on, no registered alts will receive any tells. If your main is offline, any online alts will receive tells. All systems seems to be working fine, so not sure what could be wrong atm.
Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby Tippia » 2010-01-04 18:39 GMT

None of them are registered as alts I was too lazy.

Today from what I see on 2 toons so far is Toon A receives messages from Nodrop, General, PvP, PvM / Toon B receives messages from Shopping, General, PvP, PvM

Toon B was receiveing NoDrop messages all morning and received it's last one at 11:41 in game time since then 6 NoDrop messages have went out and none have been received on Toon B

Toon A has not received any shopping messages at all and these are toons that were subscribed to these channels always, Yesterday I unregistered and registered again on neutnet on Toon B after i reported the issue and I began receiving NoDrop again up until 11:41 today.

Just unregistered Toon B again now and registered again and now it receives NoDrop messages, strange indeed being I never had issues with neutnet since you got it online.

If it helps any Toon B was received NoDrop messages until 11:41 on neutnet 5 then I never got one till I just re-registered now and it's from neutnet1
Tippia
Neutnet Newbie

Postby iwipe » 2010-01-13 1:24 GMT

ehmm it seems Neutnet is offline for a few hours. fix pl0x! ty Zacix we lub j00.

we r all so addicted to nuetnet :D
iwipe
Neutnet User

Postby Mireiawen » 2010-01-14 23:53 GMT

Either its down again, or lagging very badly at least. Is there some database problem or something, as I don't remember it trying to die daily for long time?
Neutnet secretary at least it feels like...
Mireiawen Rose - 215/AI30/LE70 - setup
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Postby iwipe » 2010-01-15 2:28 GMT

yep theres a problem atm, neutnet is 'up' but not answering to commands. fix plx !!! ty lol whole server thanks j00

edit: i thought a thingy, i saw the !history command sometimes just sends a whole lotta spam in a tell to the person, instead of making an info window. i know i talked to u zac about it, u explained it was a parsing problem in AO when posts had special characters like < and >. BUT i was thinking, maybe this is causing some endless loop?
or maybe theres an endless loop elsewhere in the code?

duno rly jus tryin to halp :D
iwipe
Neutnet User

Postby Mireiawen » 2010-01-15 3:21 GMT

iwipe wrote:
edit: i thought a thingy, i saw the !history command sometimes just sends a whole lotta spam in a tell to the person, instead of making an info window. i know i talked to u zac about it, u explained it was a parsing problem in AO when posts had special characters like < and >. BUT i was thinking, maybe this is causing some endless loop?
or maybe theres an endless loop elsewhere in the code?

I guess parsing ' and " is one problem as well... maybe should drop characters that cause problems for history from messages, shouldn't be that big thing to lose some of the "formatting"... As well as I'd like to see it drop insane amounts of !?!?!?!?!?!??!????!!!! spam =p
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Postby Zacix » 2010-01-15 9:22 GMT

I've tried to fix some synchronization errors between threads. If you see the bots online, and the bot doesn't really answer to anything....it's probably a deadlock in some threads. It's friggin hard to track down these errors...as they occur usually only when there's lot of spam going on, and I can't really debug in such an environment. Lets see how it works out over the next couple of days.

As for the history...aorc+ handles things differently ofc...and as I usually make fixes at work, it's hard to actually test how stuff looks ingame ><
Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Postby Mireiawen » 2010-01-15 13:29 GMT

Zacix wrote:As for the history...aorc+ handles things differently ofc...and as I usually make fixes at work, it's hard to actually test how stuff looks ingame ><

I guess aorc+ actually got better html handler than AO... I'll try to get screenie when it next time breaks... if I remember
Mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Next

Return to Help