Suggestions for improvement

How to use Neutnet

Moderator: Moderators

Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Suggestions for improvement

Post by Zacix » 2009-12-02 11:18 UTC

If you have suggestions for improving Neutnet, feel free to post them here.

AGPEcko
Neutnet User

Re: Suggestions for improvement

Post by AGPEcko » 2009-12-02 11:30 UTC

How about suggestions for improving neutnet users?

Please, for the love of god. Stop including your destination channel INSIDE your neutnet message.
AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E]

Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Post by Zacix » 2009-12-02 11:42 UTC

AGPEcko wrote:How about suggestions for improving neutnet users?

Please, for the love of god. Stop including your destination channel INSIDE your neutnet message.
While it's a valid point, don't post stuff like this in this thread. I'd like to keep it tidy and clean so it's easier to further develop the code.

iwipe
Neutnet User

Post by iwipe » 2009-12-04 0:00 UTC

one thing i always thought that would be nice:

when someone gets banned, the reason for ban being sent to the person, together with the rules. it might help solving the problem of some ppl, which have no clue why they have been banned.

ofc, its most likely because they didnt even read the rules in first place, so sending rules might give them some incentive for reading.

liek 'dam i was banned, i beter read these rules so i can c what i did wrong and not do again'.

another moment where i think it would be nice sending the rules and help: when the person uses the !register command. so theres definitely ZERO excuse (if there could be any) for sending messages against the rules.

think these would make neutnet more friendly.

i know this will require coding so we gotta keep begging zacix so he does it :D

mireiawen
Neutnet Site Admin

Post by mireiawen » 2009-12-04 2:43 UTC

Like it is so much work to send user a tell yourself... I usually try to do it myself
Neutnet secretary at least it feels like...
Mireiawen Rose - 215/AI30/LE70 - setup

iwipe
Neutnet User

Post by iwipe » 2009-12-04 15:12 UTC

well, its kinda hard sending the reason for ban sometimes, specially when im busy killin stuff.

anyway sending the rules to the person being banned is good since after banned u cant do !rules or !help anymore, unless u get unbanned.

Navian
Neutnet Moderator

Post by Navian » 2009-12-05 14:50 UTC

Well they can read them here now, so thats solved

AGPEcko
Neutnet User

Post by AGPEcko » 2009-12-10 6:50 UTC

And from what I understand, sending offending players a tell after being banned usually ends up with a huge discussion over whether or not they broke the rules.
That's what I always imagined was the reason for not notifying them right away.
AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E]

Borntomake
Neutnet User

Post by Borntomake » 2009-12-16 16:32 UTC

Lately I've been farming Mitaar Hero a lot, for money ofc.Sending the messages with the NoDrop items on NoDrop channel was a PAIN! That because people send WTB NoDrop items on the NoDrop channel.Can't blame them though, that's the rule.I've lost major stuff,I bet others did too but I guess they simply said: that's the rule, because it took ages for the message to go live and not only on Mitaar,12 man,s35,s28 and other stuff.Now you can say: - why didn't you wait ? a body usually rots in 20 minutes -.Well of course, wait 7-10 minutes for the message to live, wait another 5 minutes to negotiate and get the highest offer and wait another 5 for the guy to come loot cuz he had no reason to come cuz you were still negotiating the price with him or other people and there you go, remains rotted.

In my HONEST opinion, the rule that says WTS/WTB NoDrop items should be sent on NoDrop channel, should be changed! Even though you are spamming that you want to buy a NoDrop item, it is STILL a WTB message which means that you are SHOPPING, which automatically should be sent on the shopping channel. If you think of the fact that people might not understand, which i highly doubt, you can ADD an option or they can simply say at the begging of their message or at the end, "NoDrop" or something like that. E.g: WTB Weapon Upgrade - NoDrop.

I highly suggest that this rule should be changed and WTB NoDrop items should be sent on Shopping channel.

Thank you.

Zacix
Neutnet Bot Admin

Post by Zacix » 2009-12-17 15:16 UTC

That's not a new idea actually. I've been thinking about for a while, mainly to reduce spam and particularly because I feel it's kind of unneeded to post a WTB NoDrop item. The very nature of nodrop items indicates that such an item is only available when someone wants to sell and as such WTB is just pointless. Anyways...anyone have any objections (thinking mainly other mods)?